Importing a long list of client information into MarketBox is simple!
Just follow the steps below:
- Open this template.
- Make a copy of the template. Do not edit the original template in any way.
- Add the usertype of the first user. In this case, enter “CLIENT”.
- Add the client’s first name.
- Add the client’s last name.
- Add the client’s email address. Ensure that the entire email is in lowercase.
- Add the client’s phone number. Ensure the phone number has the country code (but no symbols like +).
- Add the client’s phone type as MOBILE. Ensure that phone type is all capitalized (eg: MOBILE).
- Under the Active column, enter TRUE. Ensure that Active is all capitalized (eg: TRUE).
- Under the Deleted column, enter FALSE. Ensure that Deleted is all capitalized (eg: FALSE).
- Under the sendemail column, enter TRUE or FALSE. Ensure that sendemail is all capitalized (eg: TRUE).
Tips for a smooth client import:
- Be sure to format data exactly as shown in the template.
- Import in smaller batches (50-100 clients in a sheet, per upload). This makes troubleshooting easier if an issue occurs!
- Only upload the “Template” sheet for your import, not the instructions sheet.
- Make sure you upload in .csv format. .xls and .xlsx or other formats will not work.
- If TRUE is inputted in the sendemail column, the customer will be sent a welcome email and all company admins (and anyone else with company email addresses) will be bcc’d on the welcome email.
- If FALSE is inputted in the sendemail column, then the customer will not be sent a welcome email. However, all company admins (and anyone else with company email addresses) will still receive a bcc’d welcome email.