MarketBox is the AI-powered online booking and scheduling software that optimizes routes and drive sales for companies with a mobile and virtual workforce. We allow businesses to serve more clients while reducing employee burnout and helping the environment.
Our team is made up of seasoned Entrepreneurs, Founders, and creative thinkers who combine collective expertise with industry-disrupting ideas to build our B2B SaaS product, MarketBox.
It’s an exciting time of growth for MarketBox, and we’re looking for more team members to join us on this journey. If you’re looking to work with an entrepreneurial team with a proven track record, including a CEO with over 20 years of experience starting and scaling startups, this position is for you!
- Spearhead end-to-end development of the scalable and maintainable innovative features.
- Specifying, designing, and developing new features in collaboration with product managers, UI/UX designers, and other team members.
- Ensure the seamless integration of front-end and back-end components for a cohesive user experience.
- Implement comprehensive unit and integration testing to ensure the reliability and robustness of developed features.
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues across the entire stack. Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks across the application stack. Optimize code and architecture for improved scalability and responsiveness.
- Implement security best practices, especially regarding user authentication, authorization, and data protection.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities to enhance technical skills and stay abreast of emerging technologies.
Who You Are
- You have designed and developed scalable services and applications deployed in a cloud environment like AWS
- You have 3+ years of experience with AWS technologies such as AWS Amplify, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, Cognito, GraphQL and developing REST API
- You have worked with NoSql databases
- You have practical experience in SOLID design principles, Microservices or Service Oriented Architectures
- You have developed web front-ends with Material UI and Mobile Apps using React Native and Expo.
- You like to learn in depth how a system works from front to back
- You are passionate about innovation, technology & growing businesses
- You are able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
You'll be working with our engineering team to build the next set of innovative features on our platform. We are a quick-moving team, so you'll get to see your work directly impacting the businesses using our platform.
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self-improve
- Problem Solver: You are a creative thinker who likes to solve problems to effectively contribute to MarketBox’s direction
- High performer: You are results-oriented and focused on project completion.
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what MarketBox does and are focused on achieving MarketBox’s goals
- Self-Starter: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve high-quality output
- Attention to Detail: Your friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you
- Opportunities to advance quickly: If you can grow your skills and abilities as the company grows, there are opportunities to move up quickly
- Participate in employee stock options: As MarketBox grows and succeeds, we want our team to participate in the upside.
- Health & wellness benefits: We believe is taking care of our team members
- Interesting & diverse work: You will never be bored!
- Remote Option: Flexibility in working from home or from our downtown Toronto co-working space (currently all team members are working remotely)
MarketBox is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.