Senior Product Designer (Freelance)
MarketBox is looking for a Senior Product Designer to collaborate with the CEO and engineering team on the UX and UI of our SaaS Product as we work towards our goal of becoming Shopify for Services.
We are designing the future of e-commerce and data analytics for service businesses. Top tier designs and experience are a critical part of helping our clients achieve their growth goals while using MarketBox.
We have launched the first version of our product, and are looking to take our product to the next level and provide best-in-class user experience for the companies using our system and their customers.
*This position is 100% remote, but you must be legally able to work in Canada
MarketBox’s mission is to digitize and grow service businesses with mobile and virtual workforces.
We are “Shopify for Services”, a sales and scheduling software that enables a business to manage all customer bookings, service provider availability and travel zones and process payments via our customizable online e-commerce sales tool.
Our B2B SaaS product is scalable for small teams, all the way up to enterprise-level offerings, supporting teams of thousands of workers. We are a perfect solution to automate businesses that offer home services, in-home healthcare, mobile beauty services, and at-home tutoring sessions, to name a few.
About the Role:
- Lead design where you’ll take ownership of and be accountable for the design function across UX, UI and brand and set MarketBox up for design success as the team grows
- Complete full site audit
- Improve core UX flows, balancing quick wins with more in depth re-works on 2-3 key areas, as part of initial scope of work
- Work on booking flow redesigns - Learn the business and the human pain points it seeks to solve as this will ground your design strategy.
- Bring our data analytics dashboard to life
- Bring progressive design thinking to the team to help ensure incredible customer experiences across web and mobile
- Translate user goals, problems, and behaviors into intuitive and creative interaction and design solutions.
- Create diagrams, wireframes, and mockups rapidly, and at the right level of fidelity to achieve our product goals.
- Identify, plan, and conduct evaluative user research as needed.
- Ensure design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and team members.
- Ability to create output in an efficient and effective manner
- 5+ years design experience in a successful software product team or product agency.
- Experience designing e-commerce booking flows, and scheduling/appointment systems
- Ability to apply your expertise to create consistent user experiences and visual designs on products for consumers and business users.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Experience designing and prototyping in different fidelity levels, from abstract flow diagrams to production-ready screens
- A solid understanding of responsive design, interaction design, human-centered design and designing for accessibility
- Ability to lead projects, present and make confident design decisions backed by data
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to identify and define user problems and develop successful outcomes, and blends UX/UI and ideally Brand as well
Start Date: November 1st, 2021 *flexible for the right candidate
Initial Scope: 4-6 weeks, 20-40 hours per week *flexible for the right candidate
How to apply: Please apply online and include links to your resume and portfolio and provide a brief introduction and how you may be a fit.