We are a small team of seasoned Entrepreneurs and Founders who are bringing together our collective expertise to build our B2B SaaS product.
We love innovating and seeing the impact that our software has on each company’s ability to grow its business and take them to new heights. We are currently looking for a couple more team members to join us on this journey.
If you want to work with an entrepreneurial team with a proven track record including a CEO with over a decade of experience starting and scaling startups, and a CTO who co-founded a software company and scaled it to an 8 figure exit, this position is for you!
MarketBox’s mission is to digitize and grow service businesses with mobile and virtual workforces.
We are “Shopify for Services”, a sales and scheduling software that enables a business to manage all customer bookings, service provider availability and travel zones and process payments via our customizable online e-commerce sales tool.
Our B2B SaaS product is scalable for small teams, all the way up to enterprise-level offerings, supporting teams of thousands of workers. We are a perfect solution to automate businesses that offer in-home healthcare, mobile beauty services, and at-home tutoring sessions, to name a few.
- Design, maintain and execute effective test plans, test cycles, and test cases to ensure consistent, high-quality product delivery
- Communicate product quality issues and collaborate with software development to accelerate issue resolution
- Develop, design, manage and perform manual or automated testing
- Develop solutions to automate testing scenarios to reduce time requirements
- Conduct performance testing, smoke testing post-release to identify any remaining issues impacting user experience. Conduct periodic exploratory testing to stress test the systems and identify opportunities for future improvement
- Provide cross-platform testing (e.g., Android, iOS, and Web) using different browsers to assess product readiness for production releases
- Perform ad-hoc testing for quick fixes and priority deployments. Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives like exploratory and ad-hoc testing
- Investigate issues, document, and track reported problems and defects via defect tracking software (JIRA)
- Identify high-risk areas to improve test coverage continuously
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure a full understanding of individual deliverables
- Create and send daily, weekly QA status and defect reports
- Create an end-to-end UAT test plan, support initiatives related to the process and product rollout into production
- Assist the Customer Support team with technical issue reproduction and bug ticket creation
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the development team, product owners, and leadership team on time estimates, risks, and mitigation plans
- Follow priorities, ensuring deadlines are met
- Loves new challenges and making an immediate impact on the growth of the company
- Enjoys working with a small team of driven developers
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is able to write clean, modular, testable code
- Is adaptable and able to handle multiple, conflicting priorities
- Is passionate about innovation, technology & growing business
- Is able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self improve
- Problem Solver: You are a creative thinker who likes to solve problems to effectively contribute to MarketBox’s direction
- High performer: You are results-oriented focused on project completion.
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what MarketBox does and are focused on achieving MarketBox’s goals
- Self-Starter: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve high-quality output
- Attention to Detail: Your friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you!
- Opportunities to advance quickly: If you can grow your skills and abilities as the company grows, there are opportunities to move up quickly
- Interesting & diverse work: You will never be bored!
- Remote Option: Flexibility in working from home or from our downtown Toronto co-working space (currently all team members are working remotely)
MarketBox is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.